We do our best to find a sperm donor who best matches the future father. As well as height, hair and eye colour, blood type and Rh factor, we also make sure there is a match in hobbies and interests that are important to you.
WHO ARE THE SPERM DONORS?
All sperm donors hold a post-secondary degree or are currently enrolled in a post-secondary program. Under the laws of the Czech Republic, sperm donation is anonymous.
Only sperm from donors examined according to European Parliament and European Council Directive 2004/23/ES and Act No. 296/2008 and Regulation 422/2008 are used in treatments where donated germ cells are required.
Sperm donor screening
All sperm donors are men between 18-35 years of age. Men entering our sperm donor database have undergone the following medical exams and procedures:
- An interview with a psychologist
- Tests for sexually transmitted diseases (HIV, HBsAG, CMV, syphilis, chlamydia)
- Blood and Rh typing
- Genetic disorder screening test (karyotype, gene mutation, cystic fibrosis, hereditary deafness)
Reasons for sperm donor treatment
- Testes have been removed, or their function has been compromised by a chemotherapy
- Sperm quality test shows too many abnormalities
- Semen includes no sperm
- The sperm carries a genetic disease